Saturday, June 21, 2008

Hey there. I have a day off! Sidney's other gramma has her for the day to give me a rest. Who needs a rest eh! :)

I have finished step one of the embroidery on all the squares for her quilt. This is all the arms (one each) and legs (two each). I also have started on the button hole stitch all around the hat, dress and panties and have several squares done. My fingers are all picked and bleeding so anyone could tell I am not as tough as a hand quilter. This may be my last hand project - maybe.

It has been cool so we - the three dogs, Sidney and I - have been doing a daily walk. 2.2 KM round trip I will have you know. It is quite a parade. Yesterday we encountered a lady - coming for her mail - without her two dogs on a leash. Then she couldn't get them to go home with her, so she carried one and came out for the puppy after. Meanwhile, it followed us up the block aways. She grabbed it and took it home and next thing I knew my dogs were going crazy again, the other two were back! When she put the pup in the house they both run out the door on her. What a zoo! It wasn't hot out but boy was I sweating! Should have taken a container of water with me.

Last night we walked all around some twists and turns - I was lost, had Chad so didn't take the GPS with me - and viewed some fantastic homes. Beautifully landscaped, stamped concrete driveways, lovely entrances, they were quite something. Love looking at homes. That reminds me, there is one on the next street that Chad asked me to go to the open house today. Must run.

'Til next time. Keep stitchin'

Pat

1 comment:

Wendo Van Essen said...

You're not Oakville bound are you? Going to open houses!!
What a minute...if I'm in Toronto and you're in Oakville that would be sweet!! What would Chuck think?