Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Guess what it is doing outside now!

I can't believe we are getting more rain. Where is it all coming from? More importantly, where is it all going to?

As I sat at the blueberry patch today, we did have a steady stream of very resilient customers - very damp as well, we had several thunder storms and terrific downpours. Now, at 9:30 pm it is pouring again. But! The berries are fantastic! They are so sweet, and juicy and plentiful. Quite a sight they are - fields and fields of them. The odd time I got to sit and enjoy the peace and quiet of the country. No phones, faxes, emails - no noise at all! Just amazing. I look forward to working with Bruce every year for these three weeks. It is my holiday! (Don't tell him that though)

If anyone is interested come to Brockville, take the Hwy #29 north to Tincap. Turn east, go past the Tincap International Airport (seriously, it is called that) and go through the big S curves and on a little bit - just follow the signs. It is the Davy Berry Farm and open 8 - 8 every day but Sunday for the next three weeks at least.

We miss you Wendo!


A very happy customer.

'Til next time - keep stitchin'

Pat

1 comment:

Wendo Van Essen said...

MAN OH MAN I miss sitting in the Giant Tiger parking lot with all those berries set out in front of me! Not that I ate any of them...no way.
Make sure you tell Frankeye to smile once in a while.