Monday, July 21, 2008

Work Day with the Loose Ladies

I have done some stitching this month, mostly for customers but it still counts as creating eh! Also, I hosted the "Loose Threads" at my house for a work day. We had a great day. Stitchin', creating and eating and all those things that go well together with friends.

We did work hard though.
Cathy was instructing us on the fine points of making a kimono jacket. What slave driver!


Wendo got hers all done in record time. She would have worn it home if it hadn't been so hot. What a show off eh!


This was the only shot I had with me in it. I just had to prove that I was working too, not just taking pictures.

The fabric that I picked - one of my Singapore purchases - of course was to small a piece to do the complete jacket so I strip pieced the sleeves alternating with black and another print. It turned out really nice I think.

Of course it is purple!This is the sleeve area. All things go with purple don't ya think?

Thanks Cathy for the instructions for the beautiful Kimono Jacket.

This will be our last work day with all three of us attending for quite awhile. Wendo has returned to her real life as an animator with Disney. We will miss the daily contact Wenn. Good luck to you though and we will be watching your blog for updates on your new adventure.

Til next time, Keep stitchin'


Pat

2 comments:

Wendo Van Essen said...

thanks, Pat...now that my computer is up and running I'm rarin to go with my thoughts and ideas.
Your kimono looks FABULOUS!!! And why didn't you put it on for the camera??
I'm going to miss you 2 kindred spirits too!

Cathy Breedyk Law said...

well I guess I had better get my act together and finish mine....
I will post the pattern and where people can find it.. it is lovely to make and to decorate...